Thursday, July 5, 2007

What have I done in the last month?

Last’s blog "tomorrow" was a BIG BIG day for me. Because of that, since then, I was too busy doing research, preparing for my big day. Anyway, as what I said, in the progress of improving myself, I need to make it along with my marriage plan.

The question now is, what have I done in the last month to fight with the enemies I list down last month?

1. I want to speak English as fluently as an American.

I haven’t done anything about this. I haven’t done anything the last month to improve my English words wealth. Even worse, I feel that I always become numb sometimes when I cannot find the correct word to say. I just stand there, saying nothing at all. I should have find another way to explain myself even if I don’t know the word to say. For example, yesterday, when I tried to say that I could not reach the phone before it stops ringing, I was numb and cannot say anything at all the explain myself, just standing there, uhm uhm like an idiot.

Moreover, I find myself cannot listen to the English on the movie very well… Is it because of my ear problem or my incapability? I should blame it on my incapability to concentrate on listening. Is there anyway to practice this? I want myself to be able to understand the English speaking on the movie without really being concentrate on listening. Is that possible? Yes, it is. How? First thing first, step by step. First of all, I should watch more English movie, concentrate on listening, and catch as many words as possible. Then, practice to get the same level of understanding by gradually decreasing the level of concentration.

2. I want to earn extra income, beside the income from my full time job... For a longer goal of becoming financial freedom yeah yeah

Yesterday, I from my fh that his relative was able to buy a house with nearly $300k, the money that she earned by stocks. Let’s consider that it is possible. I want to set my goal of getting the same money in the next 3 years. So each year, I’ve got to earn as much as 100k. Is it possible? That’s the goal, I must aim to it. What are the ways? I should buy this book “The secret of self-made millionaire” something. I could be non-sense, but it could have tons of knowledge that I do not know. I HAVE TO BUY IT IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. Why shouldn’t I borrow it from my friend? In that case, it won’t be mine forever. For this kind of book, it should come with me at least until I reach the goal. Buying is a good choice.

3. I am gonna learn AND PRACTICE how to deal with people (my team lead, my flat mates)

For this, I encountered a few problems lately. What should I do? I SHOULD HAVE MORE TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT. Will update you later, my dear blog.

Yesterday, my fh told me about how I should think in the way others think when trying to convey myself, to avoid misunderstanding. I WILL STRIKE HARDER FOR THIS. I could not just always I am right all the time. I should think in the way that there is no right or wrong, everything is relatively in the view of each person. I know that, but I am a clear person. If I have someone, I could not force myself to even see his/her face. I should drive my thinking into accepting everything is possible, no clear right or wrong…

4. I want to self-study my finance book

THIS I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING. GOSH…

5. I want to go for a master course (MBA or MFE? that's a question), with as little cost as possible... The plan should come along with my marriage plan

I decided MBA is a better choice. Most likely I will go for it

6. I want to improve my complexion, it's so damn bad now...

It becomes better now, thanks to strawberry.net for selling the skin care products at a reasonable price. Thanks to the acne prone skin kit of Dermalogica. It works pretty great on me. My skin has almost no break out since I start using it, which was last Tuesday, only 4 days ago. The next step is to get a smoother and even skin, no more big pore. Hopefully Clinique’s turnaround concentrate can help me to do this…
Besides, I guess I should look around for any facial package at reasonable/discounted price and try it out. It is also a step preparing for the big day.

7. I want to learn experience from the PM. How???

HAVEN’T DONE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS

8. How to increase my productivity and how people appreciate my value?

Currently, I feel that when I have nothing to do, I have no urge to ask my boss for more things to do. Or find myself something else to do, do increase my income in the free time I have at work??? I SHOULD THINK MORE ABOUT THIS.

9. Last month, I haven’t update my financial and accounting statement. Have to update for last month and revert to update each week to monitor how much I spend…

Tomorrow's plan:
1. List down all the questions I have asked myself.
2. Try to find 1 or more solutions for each question
3. Pros and cons, can allocate points to help to decide => Now because of point 3, I think I need this not to decide the only solution for each of my problem but to apply appropriate solution for the case that pros is more than cons…

No comments: